Saturday, January 7, 2012

me kissing Lura

So I realized that today was my last chance to see the current show at the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston and I hadn't seen it yet. Well, I wish I'd seen it earlier because I would have told other people and tried to get some to go. It closes tomorrow, go see it if you can.

But this isn't a blog about seeing art, it's about spreading a little love. My good friend Lura Groen joined me at the CAMH and then we went to Inversion Coffee House to drink tea and wax theological. (I mostly discovered that some thoughts I'm thinking lately are not thought out. Do you ever think in idioms that don't translate easily into language?)

Anyway, as we were leaving, I said, "Hey, I need to kiss you!" And she said something like, "That's right! You do!" So in the Inversion parking lot, I gave her a theologically sound smooch.

I should note that Lura is the pastor of Grace Lutheran Church. Hence the theological talk. I've never actually been to a Sunday morning service at Grace (we agree we don't want to muddy our friendship with adding a pastor/parishioner dimension to the relationship), but I may visit sometime sooner than later. And if you live in the Montrose area of Houston, you might give them a looksee if you you're looking for a church. I wouldn't immediately assume that Lura will let you kiss her, but I'm pretty sure you'll find a warm welcome all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment