Thursday, January 19, 2012

me kissing David

This was the first time I'd met David Greer, but I've known him for a couple of years.

David falls under that peculiar, 21st century category of "Facebook friend." He was introduced to me by a college classmate---someone I'd lost touch with until I found her again on Facebook, and I haven't seen her in more than a decade.

But when I started this blog and started posting the links to Facebook, David was among the first to say he wanted to participate. He doesn't live in Houston but comes to the city regularly, so it was just a matter of coordinating. We ended up having lunch at the Montrose Berry Hill, where I'm sure no one even noticed one man giving another a peck on the cheek.

This meeting came with a surprise, which I'm using as code for "blessing." I promote this blog with the tag line, "a little sugar makes the whole world sweeter"---as if I'm one to spread any sweetness. Today, the sweetness came to me. Without agenda or any evident premeditation, David brought me a word from the Lord (to use cliched language) and it's been . . . well, it made my day a little sweeter.

Funny how these things sneak up on you. From a doing theater with Mary Margaret 25 years ago to a Facebook introduction 2 or 3 years ago to blogging in a not terribly serious fashion . . . well, you gotta count it all joy . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment