Saturday, April 14, 2012

me kissing Misha

Misha Penton was one of my first new friends when I moved to Houston. We met at Fieldwork and we immediately formed our own mutual admiration society.

Misha keeps busy. She's the brains and talent behind Divergence Vocal Theater, which has produced new opera and other vocal works. She's currently in the process of recording these new works as well as creating video components for them. That sounds not quite right. She's making music videos for her operas. I haven't seen any of the video footage yet, but I think I can safely predict that this won't be your basic taping of an opera performance. Predict? I can safely say for certain. Bookmark her the links above. You'll want to know more as these things develop.

Misha and I tend to laugh a lot. I love that she posed with a little madness in her eyes here. It's opera madness, a little larger than life and loads of fun.

Oh! And magical. Always magical.

No comments:

Post a Comment