Tuesday, April 3, 2012

me kissing Kathy

Kathy Dunn Hamrick is, that's right, a dancer. Choreographer. Teacher. All that. And I love she's making a face like, "why am I enduring this?"

I used to stumble around her studio, back when I lived in Austin. We politely called it taking class. She's great fun as a teacher. Serious about the dancing and technique, but there is always much laughter in her class. Or at least when I was in the class. Maybe it was just my dancing.

We still laugh a lot when we get together, which isn't often enough. I still try to make it to Austin whenever her company is performing. (The next chance being at the end of this month---click her name above, got to "Performances" and make your reservations. Trust me.).

I've written about her a couple of places, not only on my blogs, but also in  a national magazine (Dance Studio Life) and in an arts journal (The Langdon Review of the Arts in Texas). And here I am writing about her again.

Really. Go reserve your tickets for her show later this month. Thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment