Friday, February 10, 2012

me kissing Hot Margo

On the mini-release form I have my kissees sign, I have the fill-in-the-blank question that says, "I wish to be identified as __________"

That she wrote in "Hot Margo" tells you about all you need to know about Margo Stutts Toombs. She also gave me permission to use her full name, but we were at Archway Gallery, where she'd just sang a spicy song at a poetry reading and with that red flower in her hair . . . well, what can I say? She's Hot Margo.

Margo is one of my Fieldwork buddies. She writes and performs stories---many from her own life---that are alternately funny, heartbreaking, and occasionally shocking. She's a saucy gal and I maybe adore her a little bit.

What I most admire about Margo is that she never stops exploring. A (very) few years ago, she did an invitation only performance for her 60th birthday. She's now planning a reprise for when she turns 65. In between, while keeping a demanding day job, she's gone back to school to learn film making. Now she's getting her short films into these little film festivals here and there. How do you not adore her?

When I grow up, I want to be Hot Margo.

2 comments:

  1. Your kissing my sister.....and yes, she is HOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ADORABLE! I love Hot Margo..she's inspiring and continuing to reinvent herself! I too wanna be a HOT MARGO!

    ReplyDelete